Wednesday 19 September 2012

7 seconds

I hear the crowd cheering, feet stomping in the bleachers. The ticking of the clock 7..6...5....4.....3, times slowing down. The flash backs going through my head like a film from a movie theater. Faces appear, plays that I have made start coming back into my head. All the pain and all the work I put into this sport, this is the moment. The moment I worked my whole life for.

    Tick...Tick...Tick, its all coming back. Arms and abs both burning. Years and years of doing the same thing everyday. Arms and abs in so much pain. Burns and burns more and more. Everything in my body seems to collapse, all the organs just seem, to shut down.

      My heart begins to beat faster and faster. I look at the scoreboard down by 2.  I put my foot on the three point line straightening up and the ball leaves my finger tips...The ball spins and its as if my world is spinning, around and around my world goes. I hear the horn go off the ball still spinning in mid-air closer and closer the ball gets to the hoop. Swish, the crowd begins to cheer, my ears ring from the screaming. I get swarmed by people like a crowd of blackflies. It’s over, all the hard work for that moment that last 7 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment